Saturday, June 16, 2007

Western Mass. Bank Run #2

While out visiting my in-laws for Father's Day I decided to do a second bank run in the area. I hit twelve banks. Only one of the banks was one I went to a few weeks back. Eleven of the banks only had 12 halves and 2 Ikes. The other bank had 180 halves though, hand rolled too.

I was anxious to check them out when I got back to the house. Unfortunately they were all skunks! Only one of the Ikes was an upgrade. I did much better the time before.

Fortunately I picked up a box worth of nickels along the way when I wasn't doing too well. I'm happy I did. In the 2,000 nickels I found one of the remaining key dates I needed, 1951S, a much better 1940D specimen and two other upgrades. Now I only have eight nickels to go, three of the key dates and five War nickels! Can't wait to concentrate on some of the other denominations. I know I'm really going to have pound on those dimes to find some more I don't have.

Found: 14 pennies (1 at The Olde Forge), 1 nickel

0 comments: