Friday, June 1, 2007

Small Dollars

Yesterday I decided to search some rolls of small dollars. I got 20 rolls. As expected most were 2000 & 2001 Sacagaweas, but I did find some Susan B. Anthony dollars, too. The best was a 2002P Sacagawea (they only minted 3.8 million of those), a 2006S Proof Sacagawea (in awesome shape) and what I think is a mint error. It's a Sacagawea that looks like it got caught in the die machine. A picture will be forthcoming.



I also quickly went through a box of halves. I found 2 1999D halves, a date/mint I needed, four 1967 40% silver halves and a gold plated 1976 half. I offered the later to my wife as a piece of jewelry, but for some reason she declined.

My albums for the Eisenhower dollars, Susan B. Anthony dollars and Sacagawea dollars came in as well. They look strange as they are only two pages. All three are already almost complete. Finding all of the post 2001 Sacagaweas will probably be pretty tough.

Found: 1 penny (outside the Bank of America), 2 dimes (1 at the cafe at work, 1 outside the Bank of America)

1 comments:

Chris said...

You may be interested to know that I found my first Liberty Nickel today while searching a box. It's an 1899 model in average shape considering the age.