Friday, June 22, 2007

Skunk and Glory

Last night's coin roll hunting was good and bad. The bad was definitely the two boxes of halves I went through that were totally skunks. No keepers, no silver, no needed varieties, no foreign coins. Ugh. I think I'll take a break from these for a bit.

I thought the drought was continuing with the dimes, as the first box I went through was also a total skunk. The next box, however, was great. It had four silver Rosies in it (1946, 1958, 1961, 1961D), two Canadian dimes, and one Bermuda dime. One of the silver Rosies was a variety I needed for my album. I also got a nice 1963D from a bank teller I know. It's the on the right in the picture.



I also had good luck with the two boxes of nickels I went through this morning. In the two boxes I found two Buffaloes (2 x 1925), two War Times (1943P, 1944P), ten Canadian nickels, one Bermuda nickel, and an awesome looking 1939. I didn't find any new Jefferson varieties. I'm going to have to get a Buffalo nickel album one of these days.



Found: 1 nickel (at McDonald's), 1 dime (at Shaw's)

0 comments: