Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Bummed

Things have been going a bit slowly here. Last night I went through a box of dimes. It turned up empty except for one recent Canadian I didn't have yet. Another box with multiple silver Rosies must be out there for me somewhere!

I also tried my first two attempts at using my new metal detector. It's a Prizm III. So far I've tried it in my backyard and at a local park behind my office. It's been frustrating so far. I haven't even successfully found metal trash! Ugh. It's going to take some time to learn how to use the thing I guess. I thought it'd be easier - that's probably what everyone thinks though! Oh well.

2 comments:

Bailey said...

I'll be interested to hear updates on the metal detector. I've always thought about doing something like that for fun, just to see what I could dig up.

Probably would help if I lived near a beach!

Unknown said...

I have a metal detector. It does take awhile to get the hang of it and find a comfortable rhythm. I don't get out too much (small child and all), but I always find it relaxing. I particularly like to go to the beach early in the morning in the fall. Makes me feel good. Best find: a Philadelphia Weights and Measures Dept. medallion. All told, I've found $8.64 in maybe a dozen or so searches.