Thursday, June 14, 2007

King George VI

Last night was odd night in coin roll hunting hobby.

I went through 2 boxes of dimes. I found no silver Rosies. There might be some sort of jinx on me getting multiple boxes, the last time I got four boxes and only found one silver Rosie. In the two boxes was some interesting stuff though. There were three Canadian dimes, one being a 1950 80% silver dime, and one Kingdom of Greece 50 Lepta coin. Less than 10 million of these were minted, so there can't be too many of them in US circulation.

I also went through of box of nickels. Found nothing I needed. Almost a total skunk except for my first slug that someone managed to pass off as a nickel.

Lastly I searched a box of pennies. In the box I found a 1955 Canadian and a 1945 Canadian. The first I didn't have and the second was an upgrade. There were also three US upgrades in the box.



Found: 15 pennies (3 at Burger King, 1 at Staples, 1 on the sidewalk in Belmont Center, 2 at the Sovereign Bank, 3 at Costco, 5 at Shaw's), 2 dimes (at Burger King), 1 quarter (at Shaw's)

Redeemed: $.85

0 comments: