Friday, June 8, 2007

Sweet Silver - Circulation Kennedy Collection Complete

Last night and this morning I searched three boxes of coins, 2 of halves and 1 of quarters.

The first box of halves gave up two that completed my circulation collection of Kennedy halves, 1982D and 1988D. They're in OK condition so I'll probably keep my eye out for better specimens. As far as silver goes the box was a skunk. The second box, however, was silver heaven. I found 25 silver halves (2 x 1964, 4 x 1966, 5 x 1967, 5 x 1968D, 9 x 1969D) and two proof halves (1971S and 1973S). In total there was 4.1249 troy ounces of silver worth $55.24 in that one box.



The box of quarters was also satisfying. The keepers in the box were a Michigan 2004D, a N. Dakota 2007D (a little stained, I'll keep looking for this one), a 2003P Canadian, a UK 10 pence and a 1960D silver quarter! That is my first silver quarter found in rolls. I was pretty excited.



Also today the mysterious office donor left me about $2 or $3 in recyclables. I think it is a janitor. If the drop-offs were more regular I'd set up my web cam over night.

And ... my wife and I set a new energy record for our apartment, 3.65 KWH per day. As always special kudos needs to go out to her for helping to acheive this and for putting up with all of my weird obsessions/hobbies!

Found: 3 pennies (1 in my office lobby, 1 outside Papa Gino's, 1 on the sidewalk in Newton)

1 comments:

Chris said...

Nice job on the rare nickel. I'm down to 17 nickels and it isn't going too well.

Not to brag, but my last electric bill covered 33 days and I used a grand total of 263 Kwh. I was out of town for a bit, but still not too bad.