Tuesday, May 8, 2007

2006's Total Surpassed!

Hey! Today was a big day for my coin finding as I surpassed last year's total in less than half a year. NH was good to me.

I thought of a good bed and breakfast tip for other cheapos like me. Book your mini-vacation slightly off season. Not everything will be open, so you have to check around to make sure the things you want to do will be available and that any specific restaurants will be open, but the rooms are a lot cheaper. And when you book your room be sure to take the cheapest one, because chances are the B&B will be almost empty and you'll get a free upgrade. This happened to my wife and I two times in a row now.

If you're going to New Hampshire's Lake Region we recommend The Riverbend Inn. We had a great time there. The setting was perfect.

Today I also got our latest electricity bill. It was a new record low.

Found: 3 pennies (1 at Rite-Aid, 1 on the street in North Conway, 1 Bass Outlet), 1 nickel (at Papa Gino's), 2 dimes (1 at the Riverbend Inn, 1 at Rite-Aid)

2 comments:

Chris said...

I'm a bit late on the coin collecting post, but I did the same thing at my bank with dollar bills as you are doing with coins. I tried to find a nice dollar for every former/living Secretary of the Treasury. I mailed each one a dollar bill and they signed them and sent them back. For the full story you can check out my March blog, or check out a picture of the framed dollars (click on picture to enlarge) on March 19, 2007.

kestrelia said...

That sounds pretty cool. Did you ever find any silver certificates during your search?