Friday, June 13, 2008

Pre-Father's Day



Today for Father's Day the three of us went out to the Olive Garden. It was our first evening meal out with Henry. He did very well. He was a bit fussy, but the place was rather loud and there were other kids so it didn't matter. It was nice to be out again. We might have to try to do the same thing at some other restaurants in our area.

I had some Father's Day luck finding coins today. I found a nice Coin Star reject stash at the supermarket. It contained 88¢ in US coins and 15¢ in Canadian coins. One the Canadians was a 1946 silver dime!

I was hoping my Father's Day luck would continue with my coin roll hunting, but it was not to be.

512 small dollars produced one mint set dollar (2002P). That's not a bad ratio for small dollars. Two of the small dollar rolls were direct from the mint rolls. That's the first time I've found such rolls at a bank. I was hoping they would be post 2001 dollars, but they were just common 2000P's. I also thought all the coins in the rolls would be in pristine condition, but they were kind of stained. Oh well, still a cool find!



4,009 halves turned up just one 90% half (1964) and one 40% half (1968D). Even though these were from a completely different source than Thursday's the results were the same. I was disappointed.

The dimes I searched were better. I looked through 5,000, two boxes, and found three silvers (1937, 1955S, 1964). The 1955S is a good find. It is a rare one and finding it made me think I was close to finding one I need for my album.

Found: 10 pennies (8 at the Big Y, 1 at the hospital, 1 outside Sovereign Bank), 3 dimes (at the Big Y), 2 quarters (at the Big Y), 2 foreign coins (a Canadian nickel and a Canadian dime at the Big Y)

0 comments: