Monday, June 23, 2008

Coin Show

Yesterday morning I went to a coin show. I hadn't gone since Henry was born. It was fun. I got a few Canadian coins for my albums. I think it was good to have a break from the show as the dealers don't change too much and their stock of Canadian coins is rather stagnant.



I also finished a book I was reading, One For The Road, by Tony Horwitz. It is his first book and it covers a couple of hitchhiking journeys he took to explore Australia. Compared to his other books, I found this one to be very slow. Like the others it is well written, but without a theme to bind all of his adventures together it just wasn't as good. I almost didn't finish the book. I even told Meg I was disappointed with it and was moving on, but I pushed ahead with it. The last few chapters were some of the better ones in the book, so I'm glad I did. Hitchhiking in Australia, just doesn't seem that much fun, and there's only so many pub and drunk driving stories I wanted to read about.

In the evening we had my parents over for a nice dinner and walk around our neighborhood.

Found: 3 pennies (1 at Market Basket, 2 at Sovereign Bank)

0 comments: