Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Some Hunting

Yesterday I was lucky in two regards. In the first one a teller I know saved me a 1964 half dollar (90% silver) and in the second one my hand cart completely broke down on the way out of the bank. If it had broken on the way into the bank it could have been a disaster. (I'll have to get a much more robust one.)

I did a little coin hunting last night. I first went through a bunch of hand rolled coins, 280 quarters, 350 dimes, and 320 nickels, but found only three Canadian quarters and two UK 5 pence pieces. One of the Canadian quarters, a 1992 Nova Scotia, was one I needed.

I then went through two boxes of quarters. Both were complete skunks. That happens a lot with quarters so I wasn't too dismayed. The two boxes of dimes I searched were much better. In them I found five silver Rosies (1946, 1952, 1954, 1963D, 1964), five Canadians (including a 1943), and one Barbados dime. There were no new varieties in that mix, but the Barbados dime was a new one for me. (What were the chances my third Canadian dime would be the same year as the one I found a few days ago?!)

0 comments: