Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Cart Incident #2

Yesterday my replacement coin cart died. It hadn't been working too well since I got it and yesterday it gave out. I'm going to try and return it at Lowes tonight and get a third, this time non-collapsible coin cart.

At the bank at lunch I picked up my Monday coins. For the third week in a row the two boxes of dimes they gave me were all brand new 2007P dimes. :( I gave one of them right back to another teller in exchange for some hand rolled coins.

In the evening I went through 5,160 quarters (2 boxes and some hand rolled). In the mix I found three Canadians, one Bermuda 25¢, and one Domincan Republic 25 Centavos piece (worth .8 cents!). I didn't find any silver quarters. Sadly my find rate for silver quarters sunk below .01%. To me that's the the mark of futility. I'll go on a bit more and see if I can bring the find rate up.



I also searched 600 hand rolled dimes and retreived two Canadians and one Bermuda 10¢.

This week I decided to concentrate a bit more on pennies. To that end I got four boxes yesterday. I have only managed to get through three of them so far. I've found thirty-nine Wheats and fifty-eight Canadians. No new varities yet, but I have found some upgrades.

Found: 2 pennies (right near my car door at work)

0 comments: