Sunday, April 29, 2007

Dollars

Well so far my one man dollar coin guerilla movement has gotten two responses. I used several to buy 2 hot dogs at a sheep shearing festival and got a very positive response, "Wow, those are the new Washington Dollars!" I also used some to buy a magazine at Waldenbooks and the lady said, "Curses! We don't like those here. I guess, you'll want to use those." I got no response at a restaurant or at church.

I also had my second paper money find in one week! This is some sort of record for me. I found it lying on the floor near the checkout line at my local supermarket.



During the same shopping trip I found these three coins that were bent all to hell. The bend in the nickel is hard to see, but it is quite severe.




Thanks to Bailey and Brian I've been alerted to the beauty of drive-thrus (as far as coin hunting goes anyway) - it was very fruitful yesterday.

Found: 21 pennies (12 at McDonald's, 6 at Shaw's, 1 at Waldenbooks in Lexington, 1 on the street in Lexington Center), 2 nickels (1 at McDonald's, 1 at Shaw's), 3 dimes (1 at McDonald's, 1 at Shaw's), 1 dollar bill (at Shaw's)

0 comments: