Thursday, September 4, 2008

Standing

Yesterday was a big day for Henry and today looks like another. Meg called me in the afternoon to tell me that Henry stood for the first time! He was holding onto something, but it was still a big event. She saw him do it one more time in his crib. We tried to get him to do it again in the evening, but he did not. Because of this we lowered his crib to the toddler setting. Now there's no chance he'll get out during the night. Today he's going in for six month checkup and taking his first swimming lesson at the YMCA. Hopefully I'll have some pictures of this to post later.

I also searched some coin last night. I got a big batch of hand rolled coin from a friendly new source.

425 small dollars didn't produce anything besides two Sacagawea dollars stamped "RB" on the obverse. I've seen this person's handiwork before as I've gotten half dollars with the same stamped letters.

Nine half dollars turned up one 40% half (1965).

800 quarter yielded just three Canadians, kind of boring.

I did better with the dimes. 4,000 of them produced one silver Rosie (1952S), eight Canadians and five US pennies. The silver dime was a good one. I've only found one other of that variety so far. One of the Canadians was a new one for me, the 2008 RCM. That was a good find. I can't believe I've found the 2008 Canadian before either of the 2008 US dimes.

Lastly, 2,000 nickels yielded four Canadians (1 Ni) and one Mexican 1 Peso.

I'll search the pennies tonight. I gathered 5,000 of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have found a 2008 Canadian dime before either 2008 US dime. Weird, huh?

James (UK) said...

i think i've had two of the new British Sterling coins go through my hands now, and they've been out ages as well...

Top one on Henry standing! ;-) Watch out, as he'll be running around like a Tasmanian Devil soon!