Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Night Out

Yesterday morning I searched 8,038 half dollars. They turned up seven 40% silver halves (2 x 1966, 2 x 1967, 3 x 1968D), one proof (1989S), and twelve mint set halves (2 x 1987P, 2004P, 3 x 2006P, 4 x 2006D, 2007P, 2008P). All but one of the silver halves came loose from one bank. I'm glad I made that stop. I had a feeling that silver pickings would be slim so I checked all shiny rims. I'm glad I did and found two I needed 1987P and 2008P. I had gotten the former from a contest, but this is the first time I had found one in the wild. Only about 2.9 million were minted.

Later in day Henry's Nonnie and Pops came over for a quick visit and in the evening his Nana came over to watch him while Meg and I went to friend's birthday party. It was the first time in a while we had been out. Socializing felt strange, but we had a good time.

Found: 1 dime (on the street in Marlborough)

3 comments:

James (UK) said...

How do you store your coins out of interest? My Father uses these coin collection folders and inserts (below the main item) from WHSmith.

Yes, I bet you feel guilty leaving Henry, but don't worry. All new parents feel that. It's only natural / normal.

kestrelia said...

I use something similar for my Canadian/Newfoundland coins, but for the US coins I use Dansco coin albums.

The guilt wasn't too bad, it's worse on weeknights because then I miss seeing him entirely for that day. :(

James (UK) said...

Thanks, I'll have a look in a moment for those Dansco coin albums.

I suppose one thing you could do is get a cheap digital photo clock or key ring like this or this, and load it up with pics. of him. Or if you've got a phone that does video / IPod thing, do videos on that to keep with you.