Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Some Coin

Last night I searched a whole lot of coin. The results were sub-par.

846 small dollars, 20 halves and 3,400 quarters, all hand rolled, produced a mint set dollar (2007D). That was a lot of quarters to go through to find nothing, but that happens with them. I've decided to for go getting boxes of small dollars from one of my source banks. I keep getting whole boxes of brand new president dollars. I thought I'd just work my way through those boxes, but after about four or five of them, I've had enough. I'll just try to gather small dollars at nearby banks. They tend to accumulate like halves once did.

2,700 dimes yieled better results, two silver Rosies (1962D, 1964D), six Canadians, one Bermuda 10¢, and one US penny. I've also decided to change my tactic with these. The plastic wrapped dimes I got from one of my source bank were extra fast to search, but didn't seem to produce at the same rate and definitely had much less odd stuff in them. For now I'm going to stop getting them that way and see if I can find more hand rolled dimes. This might be tough as I never seem to get the quantity I need of them.

Lastly, 1,900 pennies produced five Wheats, eight Canadians, and two US dimes. The Wheats were:

1944, 1953D, 1955(2), 1958

Found: 1 penny (at Sovereign Bank), 2 quarters (1 at Sovereign Bank and 1 on the street in Belmont)

1 comments:

James (UK) said...

That's a shame...

Perhaps it's time to try and increase your base of people who can save anything unusual for you, like the bank tellers etc.