Thursday, April 3, 2008

One Month!

Yesterday my son was one month old! It has been quite a first month. Already there have been changes. So far he can't fit into one outfit he used to wear and in another outfit he busted through the toes! He seems bigger to us, but we don't have a suitable scale at home for him. His awareness seems to grow with each passing day.

Now that we have gotten used to the baby care basics, feeding him (that one isn't really "we") and changing him, I think we're ready to try some more advanced efforts. To that end we've talked about putting him on a more regular routine. If he's anything like me he'll feel much better if more is planned. We hope to avoid some of his crankiness and get him to sleep a bit more.



Last night I finished reading another book, Into The Wild, by Jon Krakauer. We saw the movie last weekend over three sittings and we both enjoyed it. Meg will probably read the book today. For those of you who don't know, the story is about a young man in his early twenties, Chris McCandless, who just after college leaves behind his family and friends to hitchhike around the country. After two years he ends up in Alaska hoping to live off the land and discover himself. It was a great read. The story helped me understand alot about myself.

Found: 6 pennies (2 outside near my workplace, 3 at work, 1 just outside Shaw's)

0 comments: