Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The cold

The cold continues. Henry is a still a bit sniffly and last night he didn't sleep that well. I think it might be spreading to his mom, too. :( In between the sniffles and the cold inspired crankiness, I did get some nice time with him on his play mat. Right now, not much makes me happier than seeing him on that having fun.

Yesterday I scheduled a free home energy audit for next Wednesday. I'm very excited. I've seen these done on This Old House several times. Hopefully they'll be able to answer a lot of my attic and basement insulation questions.

I did a bit of coin roll hunting last night and this morning.

I searched 2,160 quarters and found five Canadians and one Bermuda 25¢. One of these days Meg and I will go to Bermuda and the Bahamas to spend all of this change of theirs I'm finding. I was sorry to see my silver quarter streak end, but I knew it was coming.

I also looked through 200 dimes and found one Canadian.

2,200 nickels, one box and some hand rolled, produced one Buffalo (1926D), two War Times (1944D, 1945P), and three Canadians (1 Ni). Although the Buffalo is a new one, I'm not that jazzed about it as it is very worn and I had to use Nic-A-Date to find the date. I'll put it in my album and wait for a better specimen. It had been a while since I've found a Buffalo.

My Norwegian friend/co-worker found me this neat coin from his recent trip to Norway. I now have a complete set of Norwegian coins that are currently in circulation.



Found: 1 penny (at the Chinese market), 1 dime (at Sovereign Bank)

0 comments: