Thursday, April 17, 2008

Liberty

Last night after work Meg and I went on a nice walk with Henry in our neighborhood. There's a nice park across the street that we hadn't explored much and it was good to check it out. Henry was awake the whole time.



Later and this morning I went through three boxes of nickels (6,000 coins). They produced one Liberty (1912), one War Time (1944D), fourteen Canadians (2 Ni), one UK new penny, one Singapore 20¢, and one Bahamas 5¢. The 1912 Liberty nickel is the first new US nickel I have found since December 4th, 2007. With the Indian Head and steel pennies it has been quite a week! When going through nickels I have been setting aside any key date nickels I find and any pure nickel Canadians I come across. Pure nickel Canadian 5¢ (1922-1942, 1946-1950, 1955-1981) are worth about 12¢ melt. I don't find many, but I might as well start creating a hoard. Last night I found two. I also found one key date Jefferson, 1955.

I also searched ninety-seven Ike dollars at the bank. I didn't find any keepers, but it was a convenient way to hunt.



This morning Henry was great. He was very upbeat and gave me many smiles. Here's a funny picture I took of him.

Found: 1 quarter (on the street near our house)

0 comments: