Saturday, April 19, 2008

ER

A few minutes ago we got back from the ER. Henry had a cold and so they wanted him brought in to check him out. Everything was A-OK. He actually seemed to like it there. The new sights and sounds were amusing him. They weighed him there and his weight came out to 13 pounds 10 ounces. Yikes!

Last night before we went to an evening cookout at a friends I searched 720 nickels. They produced just one Canadian.

This morning I got my haircut and went to the redemption center. Afterwards I stopped at two banks to scrounge up all the hand rolled coin they had. I was hoping my luck from this past week would continue. They didn't have much at all.

I looked through 3,600 quarters. In them were two silver Washingtons (1942, 1944), ten Canadians, one UK 10 pence, one Bermuda 25¢, one US dime, and one US nickel. Another two silver quarters! That felt great. One of them, the '44, has a wider rim than normal. I thought it was a nickel at first. I'm glad to have the 1942 in my album.

I also hunted 400 dimes. They turned up one silver Rosie (1960), one Canadian, two UK 5 pence coins, and one Spanish 10 Pesetas. The Spanish coin is a first for me.



Found: 7 pennies (2 at Papa Gino's, 3 outside Supercuts, 1 at KFC, 2 at Shaw's), 4 dimes (1 outside Supercuts, 3 at Shaw's), 1 foreign coin (a Canadian nickel at Stop & Shop)

0 comments: