Monday, February 4, 2008

Silver Clad!

Today's a bit sad here. The Patriots loss was a big let down. Before that it was a good weekend. My wife and I really enjoyed our time before the baby and had great fun babysitting our nephews.

Saturday's bank run was mostly all silver clad affair. The second bank I went to produced 101 40% silver halves! I was astonished. My lap was full of them after I went through the bunch in my car. After that things were so-so, but it was a great day based on that one bank alone. In all I gathered 1,618 halves. In them I found 107 40% silver halves (3 x 1965, 15 x 1966, 31 x 1967, 35 x 1968D, 18 x 1969D), one proof half (1972S) and one Bermuda 50¢. The Bermuda coin is a first for me.



I also went to the coin store. There I bought a couple of nice George V Canadian quarters, three Canadian silver 5 cent pieces, one Canadian half, a Nova Scotia 1/2 cent piece, and a big mess of Indian heads. I had a lot of fun going through their bins of Indian Heads.

Found: 3 pennies (1 at Papa Gino's, 2 at Shaw's)

0 comments: