Saturday, October 20, 2007

Sixth Continent

Last night was a slow night. I searched 7,500 pennies (three boxes). In them I found forty Wheats and one hundred fifty-seven Canadians. I didn't find any new varieties, but I did find a 1954 Canadian. I hadn't found that one in a roll yet, my specimen came through trading.

This morning I finished up a box of nickels (2,000). It was a light box as it produced just one Buffalo (1927) and two Canadians. In the box was a 1949S. I have come across that one before, but it has been quite a while since I've found a key date Jefferson.

The biggest news is I came across an Australian 5¢ coin. It's the first coin I've found from that continent, the sixth this year.



Found: 2 pennies (1 at Boston Market, 1 at Auto Zone), 1 dime (at Sovereign Bank), 1 quarter (at Sovereign Bank), 1 foreign coin (an Australian 5¢ at Sovereign Bank)

0 comments: