Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Lots of Album Fillers!

Last week while still in California I hit a few more banks. I found six new varieties!

I searched 400 hand rolled quarters. In them I found a nice 2007D Idaho I needed. No banks seemed to have the Wyoming quarter just yet.

I also came across 1,004 halves. One bank had a whole box and another had four loose ones. I bought it on a lark. It produced two 2004P halves, a variety I needed. No silver halves though.

Later in the day I went to a bank with some really helpful tellers. They looked through their trays for me and found a 2002P Sacajawea (those are somewhat rare) and a 1999D Susan B. Anthony for me. That was the last circulation Susan B. I needed. My album is now complete!

At the same bank they had 100 Eisenhower dollars. That's the most I've ever come across at one bank. In them I found the three varieties I needed, 1977, 1977D, and 1978D as well as some upgrades. My Eisenhower circulation collection is now complete!

While in the Napa Valley I visited three wineries. One was particularly interesting to me, Prager's. Its tasting room was covered in bills (and some coins), most were American one dollar bills, but there were quite a few foreign bills there too. My guess is there was about $20,000 on the walls and ceilings. They also have a window sill that they haven't cleaned for some 20-30 years on display.





This weekend I also saw a new movie, The Kingdom. It was pretty good. As far as enjoyability goes, I'd put it up there with the latest Bourne film. It was just a bit preachy at the end. Justin Bateman did a surprisingly good job in an action film. He came off pretty tough at the end.



Finally a forum alerted me to a special that Coin Star is running. If you use one of their machines to count $30 worth of coins sometime soon and choose to receive an Amazon gift card in exchange, you'll get a $10 gift card in the mail for free! I'm trying to get two such gift cards, one to my work address and one to my home address. Here's the details.

Found: 6 pennies (1 at O'Hare, 1 at Logan, 2 at Shaw's, 2 at Price Chopper), 1 nickel (outside Border's), 1 dime (at Shaw's), 1 quarter (at Etude winery), 1 foreign coin (a Canadian penny at Shaw's)

Redeemed: $24.75

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Those photos are neat.