Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Nickel Push

Yesterday at the bank I was told they were running low on pennies and quarters, and so I got four boxes of nickels. Their stock of dime boxes is tainted with 2007P's, so I didn't bother with those.

Last night I searched three of the boxes (6,000 nickels). In them I found two Buffaloes (1930, date unknown), three War Time (1943P, 1944P, 1945S), twenty Canadians, one Singapore 20¢ (KM101), one Kenyan 50¢ (worth .7¢, KM19), and one proof US nickel, 1990S. The 1930 Buffalo is one I needed.





On the way home I picked up eleven loose halves, but didn't find anything.

This morning I started going through the fourth box of nickels. So far, so good, I've found a Canadian I need, 1972, and a key Jefferson nickel, 1950D.


I've also been giving a lot of thought on how best to organize all of the foreign coins I have. I've got a bunch from many sources over the years. I'd like to put them in some sort of album.


Found: 1 penny (at McDonald's), 1 dime (at Sovereign Bank)

0 comments: