Friday, October 19, 2007

Silver Dearth

Unfortunately this week has been a bad week for silver. So far I've only found two silver dimes and one War Time nickel. Perhaps next week will be better?

Last night I searched 2,000 half dollars. In the two boxes I found four mint set halves (1987D, 2002P, 2004P, 2004D). In certain years the mint only sold circulation halves directly to collectors in mint sets, 1970, 1987, and after 2001. Each run had a limited mintage of less that 3 million. Like proofs they show up now and then in circulation. Two of the ones I found were varieties I needed.



I also searched 2,000 hand rolled quarters. The produced only two Canadians.

This morning I went through 10,000 dimes. Two of the boxes were 95% 2007P's. I don't think I'll bother going through them. The other two boxes were disappointing. In them were only one silver Rosie (1964), six Canadians and one Bermuda 10¢.

I tried to turn things around with a box of pennies, 2,500, but it didn't work too well. In the box I found eleven Wheats and forty-five Canadians.

I did get a free lunch yesterday, however! Papa Gino's (a New England pizza chain) has several express lunches that they guarantee will be available in 3 minutes. I got mine in about 12 minutes, so it was on them. This was right after I won my battle with Chase Bank by proving to them that they "lost" one of my mortgage payments. It took about 6-8 phone hours to solve the problem, but it the work was obviously worth the time, just highly frustrating.

Found: 1 penny (Papa Gino's)

0 comments: