Friday, September 14, 2007

A New Penny! ... The Curse of the 2007P's

The Curse of the 2007P's continues ... yesterday when I went to pick up my Thursday coin I was disappointed to see that all six boxes of dimes I ordered were solid 2007P's. I'm not sure why this keeps happening and why it keeps happening only with the dimes. I didn't bother taking them since I realized it right at the counter. They hurt my average a bit.

When I got home I first went through some hand rolled stuff I got, 200 quarters and 200 dimes. I only "found" three pennies. One dime roll was forty-seven cents short. :(

I next went through 10,700 pennies, four boxes and some hand rolled. In the mix I found sixty-eight Wheats, eighty-two Canadians, one Canadian 10¢, and one Bermuda 1¢. I got two new varieties too, 1919S and 1950 Canadian! It feels like it has been a while since I found a new US penny variety so it felt good (It has actually been 10 days). I'm hoping the other two boxes I picked up yield some other good coins, there seems to be a lot coins from the 1920's in these boxes.

Some album plugging statistics:

Lincoln Pennies - 0 days since last find (9/14/07), 10 days before that (9/4/07)
Jefferson Nickels - 77 days since last find (6/29/07), 3 days before that (6/26/07)
Roosevelt Dimes - 10 days since last find (9/4/07), 26 days before that (8/9/07)
Washington Quarters (non State) - 45 days since last find (8/31/07), 55 days before that (7/7/07)

Found: 1 dime (at White Hen Pantry), 1 quarter (at Costco)

4 comments:

Thom said...

Hi,

I love the blog, I've had a fun time reading through your posts. I pick up all the coins I come across on the street too, but i've not added up my finds, you've inspired me to start! The best thing I've come across is a $20 bill outside a gas station, I couldn't believe my luck on that one! Like you I'm also a coin collector who loves going through bank rolls and it was that that I'm writing about. I couldn't see a way to e.mail you from here but I thought if I filled in this comment box you'd notice it and e.mail me back. If you drop me a quick note to
thom.jones@gmail.com
I'll reply with a few questions I'd like to ask you. Hopefully I'll hear from you soon,
Thom

Chris said...

I feel your pain. I'm at $1,400 in nickels searched without a find. Of course with only four to go I expect that trend to continue.

kestrelia said...

Thanks Thom! Chris, if we lived closer, I'd say the day one of us finishes those Jeffersons the other would have to buy dinner. It is going to be worthy of a celebration!

Chris said...

Heck, at the rate we are going it might be worthy enough for one of us to fly in and buy the other dinner!