Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Caribbean Calling

Well, I think the Caribbean might be calling me. I can't get over how many coins I've found from the Caribbean (and South America). I guess it's just a sign of how much people around here travel down there.

Last night I went through a mix of hand rolled stuff and some boxes.

I first went through 120 half-dollars. I was skunked and didn't find anything. I then went through 1,000 quarters. In them I only found two Canadians.

The dimes were much better. in 10,100 dimes I found seven silver Rosies (1946, 1947D, 1960D, 1963D, 3 x 1964), thirty-two Canadians, one Ecuador 10 centavos coin, one East Caribbean States ¢, and one British Caribbean Territories ¢. It's quite a coincidence that I found another ECS coin, being that Saturday's was my first one and the next one was the same week at a different bank. The British Caribbean Territories was a precursor to the ECS, I believe. No new varieties were in the mix, but I did have two silver Rosie upgrades.



I also quickly went through 2,500 hand rolled pennies. They were a bit lacklustre. In them I found five Wheats, twenty-one Canadians, and one US dime, no new varieties.

I also found a trading partner today! He's going to look for Canadian coins for me in Canada and I'll look for US coins down here. I think it'll work out great.


Found: 1 penny (at the Sovereign Bank, it's really flat, as if a train ran over it)

0 comments: