Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Real Post

Today I am finally back to normal, Henry's close and Meg is still not there yet. On Wednesday night I was really sick and it lingered until Friday or so. Henry's better than he was earlier in the week when he had some sort of virus, but he's still a bit crankier than normal and isn't eating the same. Meg's not feeling so hot. It's been one long winter. Meg and I can't remember a few days when everyone was feeling good.

I've been thinking a lot about all of Henry's developments. It's time I blogged about a few before I forget them:

1) Henry now says "Dadt" for me. It's now different than his word "dah" which he says when he's point at things. He also says "Momma" sometimes, although it is not as frequent as the other two words.

2) Henry points. A few weeks ago he was just gesturing to things with his hands, but now he points at things in the room all day long saying, "dah." His favorite things to point to are ceiling fans, light fixtures and things on the table he wants to eat.

3) Henry can identify the dogs in his book. If you ask him to point at them he can. He seems close to being able to identifying the wheels, birdies, cows and chickens too.

4) If you ask Henry what sound a cow makes, he says, "mooo." He makes a sound for dogs too, but it's tough to distinguish.

5) He knows the word "hug." When we say it he comes over and gives you one (it's more like a tackle, but it's lovely).

And some coins ...

Five small dollars and two large dollars didn't produce anything.

8,000 half dollars turned up two 90% silver halves (1940, 1961), eleven 40% silver halves (1965, 4 x 1967, 3 x 1968D, 3 x 1969D) and seven mint set halves (2003D, 3 x 2004P, 2004D, 2 x 2008P). Most of these coins came from just one box. The 1961 Franklin I found is possibly a proof coin. It is extremely shiny.

4,000 nickels yielded two Buffaloes (1923, 1926), seven War Times (3 x 1943P, 2 x 1944P, 1945P, 1945S) and seven Canadians. One box had all of the Buffaloes, War Times and a key in it (1949S). That's easily my best box of nickels. The 1923 Buffalo is very worn, but the 1926 is a pretty good one and was a slight upgrade to the one in my album (the date is very readable).

Found: 12 pennies (10 at Sovereign Bank, 2 at Target)

1 comments:

James (UK) said...

Glad to hear your gang is getting better, save Meg. Difficult, I know, but can she get more rest, and is she keeping up her fluids to "wash" the germs through?

Great to read all about Henry's latest. I emailed my Brother an mp3 of me "reading" a story to "my" Henry and bro. said he was sure he heard Henry say something like "games!" (James) when he started playing it. Gave me a warm feeling, that did! ;-)


Your little guy has clearly worked out who you are now, "Dadt"!

I mis-read your next paragraph as I was typing as; "he points at ceiling fans that he wants to eat" which threw me for a second.., but gave me a laugh! Just wait for the next thing, which is when you can actually see them "looking" at the item they want, then back to you, drawing your attention to it with their eyes. Then he'll start using his eyes to "confirm" if you're right with what you offer to him, just like we adults do.

Our Henry does a great snake impression... must be all the toy snakes I've bought him! He'll even chase you with one, if you pretend to be "frightened" of it! ;-)

Great to hear he's making strides. They are like sponges at this age, and "soak up" anything and everything. And take a pat on the back, both of you, as it's you two that he's getting all this from, remember! You're doing a good job!