Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Liam!

This weekend had many nice moments for us. On Saturday Henry and I went shopping for toys for his cousin's birthday (he's now two years old). We went to Target and Wal-mart. Each toy I considered I let Henry hold a bit. While in Wal-mart he squealed at a large stuff bear. I went over to it with him so he could see it closer and he ended up pulling on top of himself. I got some good pictures of it, however.









I also came across a good find in Wal-mart. On the floor I spotted a slip for returned recycables. On it was $1.45. It was for another store and it was from six days ago. I guess this Wal-mart doesn't sweep the floor too much. Henry I went to the other store and redeemed the slip.

That night my parents watched Henry and his two cousins at our house. Meg and I went out to celebrate her 30th birthday at a nearby restaurant. We were joined by ten friends. It was a good time.

Today we celebrated my nephew's second birthday. We had a good time there as well. Liam, my nephew, seemed to know it was party for him and was really cute with his cake. Henry and he even played a bit together.

On Saturday I searched some coin.

41 small dollars turned up four 2009D Sacajawea dollars. Those coins are my first 2009 coins. I don't like the new design too much, but it's good to have them.

8,000 half dollars produced four 90% silver half dollars (1937S, 1963D, 2 x 1964), nineteen 40% silver half dollars (5 x 1966, 5 x 1967, 6 x 1968D, 2 x 1969D, 1970S), two proof halves (1970S, 1976S) and three mint set halves (2002P, 2003D, 2006P). The 1937S is a new Walking Liberty half for me and a good one at that. Only about 2 million were made. The 1970S is only the second one I've found and was an upgrade to my other specimen.



Found: 7 pennies (1 at Sovereign Bank, 2 outside McDonald's, 1 at Target, 1 outside Wal-mart, 1 at Stop & Shop, 1 outside the tapas restaurant), 1 dime (at Target), $1.45 (on a recycables slip)

3 comments:

James (UK) said...

I guess from what you've written, you can't redeem one store's receipt in another store? That's a shame!

Over here, when you buy something in say "Marks and Spencer", you can take it back to any branch, providing you have the receipt, and get your money back or an exchange. Shame you can't do that with the recyclables receipts.

You must do something with that set of snaps! You've captured the moment perfectly, right down to Henry's face in the last!

How about getting them made into a folding greeting card, where each snap forms part of a "folded up" card? You end up seeing each picture in sequence as you "unfold" it etc.

kestrelia said...

I just took the slip to the other store which was nearby. I wasn't going to waste the $1.45! :)

Good idea on the card. I only wish I had a video of it.

B

James (UK) said...

Well, you could use MS's "Photo Story" freebie to make a video montage with some appropriate background music.