Thursday, February 5, 2009

And Another One

Yesterday morning I found out the bank that provides me with free coin counting is going to stop providing the service at the end of March. They told me it was just too expense to rent the machine. This is going to be a big setback, but I'll manage somehow and use other free coin counting machines at different banks. I've dealt with other such problems and moved on. To help ease the pain a teller gave me a silver dime (1964).

Last night I just searched about half the amount of coin I searched the night before.

1,120 quarters turned up just two Canadians and one Bermuda 25¢.

1,650 dimes produced three Canadians and one UK 5 pence.

My luck continued with nickels. 800 of them yielded one Buffalo (1935) and six Canadians (1 Ni). I was very surprised to turn up another Buffalo, especially one of the same date as the night before!

1,400 pennies yielded three Wheats (1945, 1947, 1958D) and nineteen Canadians.

Found: 3 dimes (all just outside Walgreens)

3 comments:

James (UK) said...

The Barclays Bank that had its very own coin counting machine has finally done away with it too. it had been out of service for a while, and just recently, there was a sign on it informing everyone that it was going to be removed completely.

Such a shame as I'm sure more people would have used it, had it been more widely advertised, and yet it always seemed to be broken even given the little use it was getting.

kestrelia said...

A friend said it might just be a sign of the times and one of many services the banks might be ending to save money. Could be true for both of us.

Man said...

At the local Duane Reades (drug store) they always have one but they are constantly broken, when asked the cashiers say they're too hard/expensive to maintain. One even said too many liquids accidentally thrown in the machine.