Tuesday, July 1, 2008

War Nickels

Yesterday Henry had his first experience riding in a jog stroller. My boss gave us the stroller some time ago and yesterday Meg took it to local track. She said it worked great. Meg's been missing running, so this we'll be a good, frequent activity for the both of them.

When I got home we all went for a walk because the weather was so nice. Outside a junior high school just after I kidded, "these kids should drop more of their lunch money," I found a dime.

Later I did some coin roll hunting. 4,000 nickels, two boxes, yielded one Buffalo (1918), four War Times (4 x 1943S), seven Canadians (3 Ni), and one Bermuda 5¢. The Buffalo was very worn and I had to use Nic-A-Date to read the date. The four War Times came from one box. I think that's a record and since they obviously were related that's definitely the closest I've come to finding a true nickel hoard. I also found my first 2008 nickel, a 2008D. I've been checking all of my change and the dates of newer coins I come by searching, but before last night had not found a 2008 nickel or dime.

Found: 1 dime (outside Sherwood Middle School)

0 comments: