Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sippy Cup!





Tonight at dinner we tried the sippy cup with Henry. He'd been fussing a bit in his jumperoo for the past few nights so we thought we'd put him in the high chair with a sippy cup and see what happened. He seemed to like playing with it a bit and occasionally got a sip or two.

After he went to bed I did a little coin roll hunting.

Fifty small dollars produced one mint set dollar (2002D).

The ten boxes of halves I got from the bank all had the same date on them as the last two weeks and once again no silvers were showing. I searched six boxes, 6,000, coins, last night and the other four in the morning. They yielded four 40% silver halves (1967, 1968D, 2 x 1969D) and four mint set halves (2 x 2002P, 2005P, 2005D). Better than ten skunk boxes ... I guess!

2,480 quarters, 450 dimes, 320 nickels, and 200 pennies produced just one Canadian quarter, one Wheat penny (1956), and one Canadian penny.

Found: 3 dimes (at work)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The owner of this blog has a strong personality because it reflects to the blog that he/she made.

James (UK) said...

You know how us Brits love our tea? Well, my Brother (now 31 years young) started drinking tea when he was still using his "sippy cup"!

I think it was more milk than tea really!

In Starbucks a while back, there was a darling little girl who could have been no more than 4 or 5 years old, and she was saying to her Father "Don't forget my coffee! I love my coffee! Get mine Daddy!"

When the guy got served he got her a small cup of foamed milk, which she drunk sitting with him, and was as well-behaved as you could imagine.

I've always felt if you include children in what you are doing, be it shopping for groceries, cleaning out the fish tank etc., they are far less likely to have a tantrum or get bored.

kestrelia said...

Yup, before long we'll be enjoying a soda together, although his will be pretend soda for sometime.

Now when I hear stories like yours or see them in person it only warms my heart more and makes me anxious for the days when we can bond even more.

So far I've included him in some coin roll hunting, some bank runs, some recycyling, and some shopping. He seems to like it, especially when I talk to him while doing whatever. Once the recycyling center was too loud for him and it was a bit of a disaster.