Monday, March 8, 2010

Mr. Fix-It

This weekend went pretty well for us. The temperature was very warm (for us anyway) and both days were sunny. On Saturday Meg and I had a our first day alone in our house since before Henry was born! My mother and father watched him for the day. We got a lot done and it felt very satisfying. I didn't realize just how tense I am sometimes with Henry around. In the future we'll have to try to get a day "off" for us at least once a month. Henry seemed to enjoy it too as he was very well behaved for his sitters. On Sunday we had a good time spending the day outside together.

In the evening, after supper. I fixed two of Henry's toys by putting new batteries in them. Henry seemed impressed. After I worked on the second toy, a firetruck, he brought a third to me saying, "Dad. Battery." Unfortunately, I can't work miracles as this second firetruck doesn't have a battery compartment. I'm glad Henry thinks I can add lights and sounds to any toy, however!

My halves were so-so. 8,000 half dollars produced three 90% silver halves (3 x 1964), fourteen 40% silver halves (1966, 7 x 1967, 5 x 1968D, 1969D), one proof half (2002S) and a UK 50 pence (1982).

Found: 17 pennies (1 at BJ's, 3 at Papa Gino's, 12 at the DCU, 1 at OSV), 2 dimes (at the DCU), 1 quarter (at work) and 6 foreign coins (2 Canadian pennies and four Canadian quarters at the DCU)

0 comments: