Thursday, October 1, 2009

This morning Meg and I continued to feel better. We've been slowed down by colds and work has been very busy for me, so I haven't had too much time for posting and coin searching.

Yesterday while picking up coins a teller gave me a big cupfull of foreign coins she had been setting aside. The cup contained thirty-two coins. The coins were five corroded US pennies, three Wheat pennies (1919, 1944, 19?5), one UK 5 pence, two UK pennies, one Ireland penny, one Euro 5¢ (Greece, 2002), four Canadian dimes, two Bermuda 25¢, one Cayman Islands 25¢, one Aruba 50¢, two Canadian qaurters, one Ireland 2 pence, one Hungarian 20 Florint (worth 11¢), one Swedish 50 Ore (worth 7¢), two Ireland 5 pence, one UK 20 pence, one Bermuda 10¢, one NH highway token and one History Channel Club token. A few of the coins were new varieties for me.

Last night I searched 6,320 quarters and found one proof quarter (1992S), four Canadians, one Bermuda 25¢, one US penny and two US nickels. It is always great to find proof quarters. This one is my fifth. It's a bit scuffed up, but it was easy to spot because of it's extra thick edge (seems like 150% the width of a circulation strike).

I also went through 3,150 dimes. In them I found three silver Rosies (1946, 1964, 1964D), four Canadians, one Australian 5¢, two US pennies and one Bermuda 10¢. I'm getting even closer to 1,000,000 dimes! Maybe I'll pass that milestone by the end of next week.

I didn't find many nickels. 280 nickels produced three Canadians.

Lastly, 1,550 pennies yielded nine Wheats, twelve Canadians, two Euro 2¢ (Greece & Germany, 2002) and one UK penny. The Wheats were:

1937, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1948, 1951, 1953D(2), 1957D