Monday, September 28, 2009

Now that I am a parent I definitely enjoy different activities. I don't I would have looked forward to a town celebration before Henry, but now that I have him I looked forward all week to our town's fall celebration. A whole weekend of free activities ... all within walking distance! On Saturday morning Henry and I checked out some scarecrows, the historical society (for me) and the firehouse. Later that day after his nap we had planned on seeing a hot air balloon, but we missed it somehow even though we were at the right place, at the right time. The next day he and I checked out a petting zoo (it wasn't see up on time, however) and with Meg we went to the town's parade which was down the street. Henry fared better than last year, but got a bit freaked out by a person in a gorilla costume. After that we went home.





Today I stayed at home. Meg and I were both sick and knew it was going to take both of us to care for Henry. Fortunately he was pretty easy today and I think we're on the mend.

This weekend's halves didn't go so well. 8,000 of them turned up two 90% silver halves (2 x 1964), eleven 40% silver halves (3 x 1966, 2 x 1967, 4 x 1968D, 2 x 1969D) and four mint set halves (2002P, 2002D, 2 x 2004D). I also found a Barack Obama half in the mix. It's some sort of after market painting that was applied to a 1973 half dollar.



Found: 12 pennies (3 around our town, 9 at work)

1 comments:

Man said...

These are from HSN they sold for $24.95+$8.95shipping for a set of 4. Someone wasted a lot to just dump it in their change.

Still a cool find like the Silver Surfer quarter which I'm sure you'll find one day.