Friday, November 7, 2008

Clap, Clap



Recently Henry's hit three development "milestones." The first one is clapping. Meg and I have been trying to teach Henry to clap for a couple of days and it has paid off. He now claps when encouraged and sometimes just for the heck of it. It is very cute. He also surprised me yesterday by banging on the bathroom door while I was in there. He wanted me out of there since I just came home. I had to be careful not to knock him over when I exited. Lastly, Henry called me for the first time. He did so by accident, but he still managed to call me on Meg's cell phone somehow.

Last night I searched some coin. I did fairly well.

2,000 quarters produced one silver Washington (1964), two Canadians and two US nickels.

In 3,000 dimes I found two silver Rosies (1959, 1964D) and six Canadians.

2,000 nickels yielded one War Time (1943S) and six Canadians (3 Ni).

I had a pretty good time with the pennies too. I searched 5,000 of them and found twenty Wheats, thirty-four Canadians, eleven US dimes, two Euro 2¢ and one Russian 50 Kopek (worth 2¢). The Russian coin is only the second coin from that country I've found and it is a new variety for me. Strangely after just coming back from California and finding a 1936S there, I found another one! This happened to me before. Two weeks after finding a 1917S in Seattle I found one at home. Oh well, the 1936S I found in CA was in better condition and finding another just makes me think finding the 1936D is possible. The Wheats were:

1926, 1935, 1936S, 1938, 1941, 1942, 1944(4), 1945, 1946, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1955D, 1956, 1957D(2)



Found: 1 dime (at work)

1 comments:

James (UK) said...

Nice one on the Russian coin. I like that image on it too.

Glad to hear Henry is progressing well. I think when they get to that age, they love anything (and everything) that makes a noise.

I bought my nephew Henry a toy golf set, very much like this one and despite my coaching, cajoling, enticing, pleading, and finally begging, he refused point-blank to use the clubs in the manner they were intended for, and instead continued to use them to make as loud a noise as he could on any available surface or item. That, or beat me about the head and body until I locked myself in the bathroom.

;-)