Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Anniversary

Today is our 2nd anniversary! It's been a quick two years with lots happening. This year we're celebrating. We meant to last year, but before we knew it too much time passed ... and that's when we didn't have Henry! What were we thinking? This week his grandparents will be out to visit with us, go to a conference and watch him for a bit while we go out to dinner.

Recently I've noticed how attached Henry has gotten to me (and Meg!). When I get home he is very excited to see me and if I have to go to the bathroom right after seeing him he can hardly stand it. I also find evidence of his affection in how he looks for reassurance to Meg and I when meeting with people he doesn't know too well. It's a good feeling.

I searched some coin last night, but it was only so-so, except for two new foreign coins.

One small dollar and 680 quarters didn't produce anything.

6,050 dimes turned up just one silver Rosie (1958D), twenty Canadians, one UK 5 pence, one Bermuda 10¢, one Swiss ½ franc and one Domincan Republic 10 Centavos. The DR coin is a new one for me. It is worth .2¢. I was hoping to find more silver dimes in that batch. Normally a batch of that size would produce at least two or three silvers.



2,640 nickels yielded one Buffalo (1918), nine Canadians (2 Ni), one US dime and one German 10 Pfennig. The Buffalo nickel has its date worn off, but Nic-A-Date showed it to be a 1918. Ther German coin is a new one for me.



Tonight I'll search the pennies I rounded up.

Found: 1 penny (at Steve & Barry's), 1 token (an arcade token at Sovereign Bank)

0 comments: