Monday, December 10, 2007

Up North for Halves

This weekend I hunted even more halves. My wife and I also managed to have both parents over for dinner, shovel snow, clean up, and get our Christmas tree. The weekend went very quickly.

I rounded up 5,583 half dollars (5 boxes, plus some hand rolled). The three boxes with the bad date were silver skunks and my bank hunting didn't produce that many halves except for two stops where I bought two boxes. One of the boxes was awesome. I've had my faith in boxes renewed. In all I found eight 90% silver halves (6 x 1964, 2 x 1964D), nineteen 40% halves (2 x 1965, 4 x 1966, 1967, 6 x 1968D, 4 x 1969D), three mint set halves (1987D, 2002D, 2003P), and one US quarter.

I also found 100 Eisenhower dollars, but they were all 1976's. I'm not sure yet which variety they are or if there is some of both.

Lastly, I searched 280 nickels and found one Canadian.

On Sunday I went to the Auburn coin show. It was my second time there. Every dealer seemed to be the same to me and they were even in the same spots. I got some really cool stuff. Here is a picture of some things I bought (my coins is better than this picture, I wanted to show more pictures, but the coins in those pictures were far worse than my coins):



Found: 1 penny (at Shaw's), 2 quarters (at Shaw's), 1 $5 bill (at Shaw's)

Redeemed: $3.60

0 comments: