Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Nickels & Dimes

Sometime last week I decided I'd make a push to find 100 War Time Nickels and 200 Silver US dimes by the end of the year. I think the War Time mark is very possible, but the silver dime mark might be a bit of stretch.

Last night I searched just one roll of quarters. It didn't produce anything.

I also looked through 10,900 dimes (3 boxes and some hand rolled). Two of the boxes were solid 2007P's. I didn't bother opening them. That's the last batch of dime boxes I get from that bank ... I swear! In the other rolls were two silver Rosies (1961, 1963D) and three Canadians.

I next searched 4,520 nickels (2 boxes and some hand rolled). In them I found one Buffalo (1929), two War Times (1943P, 1944P), twelve Canadians, one Bermuda 5¢, one Swiss 20 Rappen, and one key date nickel (1951S).



As a bit of joke, I decided to put some ads on this blog about a week ago. So far I've earned 2¢. They won't pay me until I earn $100 and so I now expect to wait about 100 years for my check!

0 comments: