Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

This weekend was a pretty busy one. I think every weekend from now on will be busy, actually. On Saturday I installed a new chandelier in our house and three switches. Energy saving CFL bulbs don't work well with dimmer switches (at least not the cheaper CFL's) so I got rid of all dimmers in the house. That night we went to a Mexican restaurant ... it was pretty bad. It's tough to find a good Mexican restaurant in our area, I guess. On Sunday, I painted the baby's room.

During the weekend I searched 1,538 half dollars (all loose or hand rolled). In them I found three 90% silver halves (1963D, 2 x 1964), nineteen 40% silver halves (1965, 3 x 1966, 4 x 1967, 7 x 1968D, 4 x 1969D), and one Netherlands Antilles 1 Guilder (worth 56¢). A teller saved another 40% silver half for me, a 1968D. The Guilder is only the second foreign coin I've found in halves. The Franklin I found was one I needed. I was very pleased with that.



I also looked through 5,000 nickels (two boxes and some hand rolled). They produced one Buffalo (dateless, S mint), two War Times (1943P, 1944P), seven Canadians, one US penny and one Bermuda 5¢.

I've got a few more coins to go through that'll count for the year. Let's hope I leave 2007 behind with a bang! Tomorrow I'll tally up all the year's totals.

Found: 3 pennies (1 at Home Depot, 1 at Shaw's, 1 at Sovereign Bank), 1 dime (at Shaw's), 1 quarter (at Sovereign Bank), 1 foreign coin (a Canadian quarter at Shaw's)

0 comments: