Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween

Halloween was good to me last night. Not to my wife, though, she was sick. :( We had twenty kids come to our door.

While waiting for the trick-or-treaters I searched 4,680 nickels (2 boxes and some hand rolled). It was a good lot. In it I found one Liberty nickel (1904), one Buffalo (yet another 1936), four War Times (1943P, 1945P, 1945S x 2), eleven Canadians, and one Bermuda 5¢. The Liberty nickel is only the second I've found and is now the oldest nickel found!



My nickel is not the one above! I wish it were as only five 1913 Liberty nickels were minted. One recently sold for almost 1 1/2 million dollars. Mine is extremely worn, but this is a good picture of the type.

Found: 3 pennies (1 in the elevator at work, 2 outside Papa Gino's), 1 dime (outside Papa Gino's)

0 comments: