Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Buffaloes and Keys

Last night was an all nickel affair ... my bank was low on pennies and couldn't give any out. I searched 8,000 (four boxes). In them I found five Buffaloes (1935, 4 x Unknown), thirteen Canadians and two Bermuda 5¢. The Buffaloes were all very crappy, oh well, finding five in one night is a record for me. I was really surprised no War nickels showed up. I've never searched that many nickels and not found one. The last one I need for a complete roll is proving to be difficult to find. The good news is I found two key date nickels (another one sitting record), 1939D and 1951S.

At the bank I bought a silver Rosie (1954) off of some guys at the coin counting machine for 10¢.

I also found out last night that my town is no longer picking up bagged leaves. We're a bit screwed on that one. I should have known better and done them all sooner.

0 comments: