Thursday, July 21, 2011

Here's some good pictures of the kids Meg and I have taken during these hot days.

















357 small dollars didn't have anything.

4,920 quarters turned up nine Canadians, seven US nickels, four US dimes and an Italian 5 Centesimi (1861). I knew I had something different when I picked up one of these rolls of quarters because it was bulging from a coin with a larger diameter. The coin was a bit stuck in there and when I looked down into the roll I saw a very old design. I told Meg, "I've got a really old one here, I think." Sure enough when it came out and I inspected it I saw it was an 1861 Italian 5 Centesimi (made in Milan). It's the third oldest coin I've found! It's catalog worth is only about $1, but it's really cool to me.



4,850 dimes produced three silver Rosies (1951, 1958D, 1964D), eight Canadians (including one 1967, 50-80% silver), one Polish 10 Grozy and one UK 5 pence.

1,600 nickels yielded one War Time (1943P) and one Canadian.

Found: 1 quarter, 2 foreign coins (a Canadian penny and a Euro 1¢)

0 comments: