Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Finally

Last night I searched a big bunch of coin ... quickly. I was urged on by the exciting Amazing Race finale!

150 small dollars didn't produce anything.

10,120 quarters finally broke me out of my no-silver-quarter-streak! The last roll of 253 rolls produced one silver quarter. It was a 1964D. That's the most good I felt about finding a 1964D quarter in a while. It had been one long dry spell. In total I found one silver Washington (1964D), four Canadians, two Bermuda 25¢ and one South Korean 100 Won.

100 dimes, 160 nickels and 600 pennies just turned up one Canadian dime, two Wheats (1948, 1957D) and five Canadian pennies.

My biggest score of the night, however, was a big one. When I got home I found out that a large internet store starting with "A" had mailed me six of one item (it's a Christmas present so I'm not saying what it is) instead of just one like I ordered. They only charged me for one. Typically these items sell for $18-$24 on E-Bay! Those five are going for sale sometime soon. :)

Found: 2 pennies (at Stop & Shop), 1 nickel (at Stop & Shop), 1 quarter (at Stop & Shop)

2 comments:

James (UK) said...

Amber loves "The Amazing Race", but I can't get on with it at all. It always seems no matter how good one pair do, everyone always ends up at the same "point" right before the end, practically negating everything that's gone before.

Perhaps it's just me..?

kestrelia said...

That used to bother me as well, but if they didn't do such a thing the teams would become to spread apart and it wouldn't be as fun. I'm more bothered by episodes that seem to be won or lost by a cab driver.