Thursday, November 8, 2007

Alarm Clock

Today was a first ... I slept in late. I woke up over an hour past when I was supposed to get up. Somehow I managed to get out of the house in a about 5 minutes, but I picked up my carpool buddy 15 minutes late. :( The good thing is I'm well rested!

(My coin roll hunting statistics are from memory, so might be inaccurate.)

Yesterday I picked up some hand rolled coins. I was hoping they would have more, but it varies week to week.

I was able to search 4,320 quarters (all hand rolled). In them I found six Canadians and one East Carribean States 25¢. It has sure been a while since I've found a silver one.

I also looked through 500 dimes, 320 nickels and 400 pennies. They produced one US dime (in the pennies), one US penny (in the nickels), two Canadian dimes, two Canadian nickels, six Canadian pennies and three Wheats.

Chamfer - a proof coin is a coin made especially for collectors, it is handled very carefully to avoid scratches and has a mirror like surface from the polished dies used. Recently such coins are produced at the San Fransisco mint and so they are the only coins currently minted with an "S" mint mark. Some denominations are also minted as silver proofs. I haven't found one of those, yet.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the explanation. Remember to show some examples when we come over.